Florida is the most popular state for vacationing in the country, and it’s also the perfect place to float down a lazy river in an inner tube. Check out some of these perfect rivers for tubing in Florida.
One of the most famous tubing rivers in Florida is the Ichetucknee in Fort White in north Florida, where you’ll find sandy beaches and beautiful scenery. There’s a max on the number of tubers per day, though, so arrive early.
Rainbow Springs State Park is another great spot, not that far south of the Ichetucknee. The river is wide and the current is slow, so you have plenty of time to take in the lush trees and colorful flowers. Kelly Park in Apopka has a short 30-minute stream for tubing, and Blue Springs State Park has an even shorter route where you can ride your inner tube down to the springs and swim all day.
Go tubing at Madison Blue Springs, once named the best swimming hole in the country by USA Today, or if you’re looking for a party, hit up Ginnie Springs, which allows alcohol and can get a little wild on the weekends. However you’re looking to spend your day, there’s a tubing spot for you. Find out more at Linus Buick GMC!
May is a beautiful time of year and if you’re looking for some things to do in and around the local area, here are some May events near Vero Beach. Add a few to your calendar for a fun-filled month.
- Americans Abroad. This art exhibit is held at the J. M. Stringer Gallery in Vero Beach and features the recent works of Geoffrey Leckie and Kyle Stuckey. Check the gallery schedule for hours.
- Downtown Friday. On the last Friday of every month (May 27th this month), head to downtown Vero Beach from 6-9pm for food, live music, and lots of fun.
- Bluegrass Night. If you love Bluegrass music, every Thursday and Friday night at Marsh Landing Restaurant, you can listen to a live bluegrass jam. Reservations are recommended for both nights.
- Memorial Day Invitational. If you’re a baseball fan, visit the Historic Dodgertown during the Memorial Day weekend for three days filled with baseball.
- Memorial Day Ceremony. On Memorial Day, May 30th, honor our fallen heroes by attending the Memorial Day ceremony held at Veterans Memorial Island Sanctuary. The ceremony will begin at 9am and will include Retired Lieutenant General William Welser III as a guest speaker.
Which May events are you most excited about?