Florida is a stunning state that is attracting new residents from near and far. However, with all the new development, it can sometimes be hard to see its organic beauty. If you want to get away from the big loud attractions, here are some natural attractions in Florida any native or visitor should see.
- Everglades National Park. This is one of Florida’s most treasured natural spots. It is the largest tropical wilderness in the country and is home to plants and animals you will not find anywhere else.
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. While you are in southern Florida, you should also plan a stop at this breathtaking state park. Go snorkeling or scuba diving to see the reef and a wide range of marine life.
- Crystal River. If you love manatees as much as the average Floridian, you should plan a trip to Crystal River. This is the only place in the state where you can legally get up close and personal with these gentle giants.
- Blowing Rock Preserve. Located just an hour south of Vero Beach, you watch a spectacular show of waterworks as the ocean waves hit the rocky coastline.
Here at Linus Buick GMC Cadillac, we love calling Florida our home. What is your favorite natural attraction in the state?
Florida is the most popular state for vacationing in the country, and it’s also the perfect place to float down a lazy river in an inner tube. Check out some of these perfect rivers for tubing in Florida.
One of the most famous tubing rivers in Florida is the Ichetucknee in Fort White in north Florida, where you’ll find sandy beaches and beautiful scenery. There’s a max on the number of tubers per day, though, so arrive early.
Rainbow Springs State Park is another great spot, not that far south of the Ichetucknee. The river is wide and the current is slow, so you have plenty of time to take in the lush trees and colorful flowers. Kelly Park in Apopka has a short 30-minute stream for tubing, and Blue Springs State Park has an even shorter route where you can ride your inner tube down to the springs and swim all day.
Go tubing at Madison Blue Springs, once named the best swimming hole in the country by USA Today, or if you’re looking for a party, hit up Ginnie Springs, which allows alcohol and can get a little wild on the weekends. However you’re looking to spend your day, there’s a tubing spot for you. Find out more at Linus Buick GMC!
Florida is a beautiful state. However, many of us miss out on its natural beauty thanks to big cities and busy highways. However, if you head off the main roads, you experience Florida closer to its natural state. Here are some of the best backroad drives in Florida.
- A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway. This beautiful road is just minutes away from Vero Beach. You will see breathtaking ocean views, lots of wildlife, and will pass by St. Augustine, Florida’s oldest city.
- Florida Black Bear Scenic Byway. This road takes you right through the beautiful Ocala National Forest. Along the way, you will see some lush Florida forests and may pass by some rare Florida animals, like bears.
- Indian River Lagoon National Scenic Byway. This route along the Indian River Lagoon will take you past the Kennedy Space Center, a number of wildlife refuges, and lots of beautiful beaches.
- Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail. Head north to Volusia County for a taste of old Florida. This loop will take you past museums, historic buildings, state parks, and more.
If you need a new vehicle for your summertime adventures here in Florida or beyond, come visit us at Linus Buick GMC today.